This season has so many fabulous trends to add to your wardrobe! To keep things simple I am sharing the 5 must-have pieces every gal needs in her closet.
1. ~ Velvet Dresses ~ This is your must-have Fall frock! Opt for a rich jewel tone like sapphire blue or keep it chic and simple by opting for black. A wrap style will flatter every body type, and choosing a classic shape will take you through various seasons. Velvet is a very flattering fabric on the body as it absorbs light when done in darker hues, it also hides any little lumps and bumps we may want to minimize.
2. ~ Leopard Print Everything ~ This season we are going to see this classic print on dresses, pants, shoes and accessories. A classic pair of flats are a great option, you can sport them with your denim on the weekends or with your pencil skirt to the office. A chic little leopard print bag is a fun way to inject this trend into your wardrobe, this is where you don’t need to break the bank. You can also try this cool trend in a pencil skirt or classic blouse, it’s a great way to punch up your neutral basics.
3. ~ Bow Neck Blouse ~ This is probably my favourite trend this Fall. It is such a feminine and pretty piece to add to your wardrobe. I would suggest a flowing cut that you can pair with more streamlined basics like slim cut trousers and pencil skirts. Choose a colour and/or pattern that you love! One of my favourite hues is burgundy for Fall and you can never go wrong with classic polka dots or chic stripes.
4. ~ Gold Sandals ~ These are your go-to date night footwear this season! You can keep it simple and choose a strappy little pair with a kitten heel or go super trendy and choose a platform style with thick straps. As much as I have suffered for fashion in the past I would definitely suggest that you try a few styles to find what works best for you—comfort is definitely key! I usually spend a little more on shoes to ensure the quality is there, even on the trendy ones!
5. ~ The Tweed Skirt ~ This classic fabric is making a major comeback this Fall, and you can’t go wrong with this “Chanel” inspired piece. An a-line style is very figure flattering with a mid to above knee hem. Think outside of the box when putting looks together with this one. Pair this chic piece with a cool graphic tee and fun sneakers for the weekend and mix it up with a fine knit turtleneck and over the knee boots for dinner out with the gals!